Friday, June 25, 2010

The Gypsy Wagon - Part 1

The General Hoardmaster is a man of generous talent, although his humbleness equals that talent and you will never get him to admit it. Every day I observe his ability to reshape and mold things, transforming them into objects of beauty or practicality. The latest of his achievements includes this beauty of a trailer that he has been constructing for the past 2 weeks or so.

Before the transformation

This is what it looked like the first time I became aware that he was going to transform this into the trailer. I love the aged blue look of it, but he informed me that I shouldn't get used to it, since it's going to get painted. The metal has to be protected or the whole unit will implode with rust.


Logistics check in the late afternoon haze

It looks so funny as a simple framework, so fragile, so open. I can't believe this will hold our precious wares as we travel over the lumps and bumps of upstate New York roads. I can't wait to see the magic that Chris spins as he puts this together.


The rusty blue hitch cover

No comments:

Post a Comment